For I have learned to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:11-13 (NLT)

Friday, January 29, 2010

Protect the Peace

It's cold here, and the temperature is dropping by the minute with snow expected all day tomorrow.  I am obviously not at home in Florida; most definitely out of my comfort zone as far as the mercury goes, but nevertheless enjoying the adventure. 

Suffering from the lack of traditional comforts like my bed, my kids, my car and my t.v., can induce a little anxiety and when out of my normal routine, I sometimes stray away from spending time in the word, so this morning, I grabbed my phone, which is loaded with several bible study applications and began to read these words:

"...our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand..." (Romans 5:2) 

This incredible grace in which we stand in the presence of the Father.  When I meditate on this, I sense His acceptance and welcome, no matter what kind of mood I've been in, or how my thoughts have wandered into dark and scary places.  In His presence, these things that just a moment ago seemed oppressive, evaporate like a puddle on an steamy August afternoon.  I need to find a way to remain in this peace even when (especially when) challenges arise.

Picking up gloves, a scarf and hat, a sweater and overcoat to protect myself from the elements, reminds me that I need to protect that peace, by layering truth upon truth, promise upon promise.  I'm confident that I will survive this burst of arctic weather as well as every attempt the enemy makes to steal away this peace I've found. 

As you navigate your own world today with all of its ups and downs, remind yourself that your are continually in a state of grace, standing in the presence of the Father who loves you unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment