For I have learned to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:11-13 (NLT)

Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Challenge

Two weeks have passed, and the initial challenge is over! Taking inventory again, I felt as though I'd experienced a loaves and fishes miracle.  Many of the items I planned on using are still sitting in the closet and freezer (and I'd worried that the food would not stretch to meet the needs of my household over the past two weeks).  Once again, the provision was there when we stepped out in faith.  


When I finally made it to the grocery store, I felt more discerning than ever, having spent $50.03 and saving $105 in coupons and store promotions.  I was happy to be shopping and choosing new things, but I was also a little winsome...I actually felt like I might walk out of the store empty-handed at one point, but I came to my senses.  I was a little tired of thinking so much about food! If saving money on groceries and household items is something you're interested in, then visit my couponing blog here .


More important than the challenge of Eating from the Pantry, was the personal growth and time spent in the bible finding encouragement and direction.  I rediscovered my love of sharing insights from the word through short stories and personal experiences; and having received positive feedback, I'm inspired to continue. 


The next phase of the project on contentment will find me mostly in Romans Chapter 5, studying about what it means to be At Peace With God.  After all, without peace of mind we cannot find true contentment.  I welcome your thoughts and questions, especially if they are contrary.


I hope you will join me in phase two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment