For I have learned to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:11-13 (NLT)

Friday, February 5, 2010

One Man, Jesus Christ


Don't get offended by my calling Jesus a man—it was in fact His humanity that made Him the most perfect sacrifice for the corporate sin of mankind.  When He chose to enter our world and put on human flesh with blood flowing through His veins just like ours, He did so with full knowledge of the Father's  plan.  In other words, death did not take him by surprise.

"For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many.  But even greater is God's wonderful grace and His gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ."  (Romans 5:16, 17 NLT)



This passage says that we sin because we are sinners; that is our nature.  Therefore, we do not become sinners because of mistakes, poor judgment, selfishness, etc., we've simply inherited the sin nature from Adam.

The reversal that takes place when we are spiritually reborn requires an incredible amount of faith to believe!  Its simplicity is our undoing.  God offers to trade our sin nature for righteousness as Christ the Savior delivers us from the kingdom of darkness into His marvelous light.

I am learning to acknowledge this truth daily, because the thought of this wonderful grace keeps me from focusing on my failures and sets my heart at peace for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment